Don't focus on CoViD and forget Agriculture

Buying and Selling, Export and Import, Entrepreneurship, Education,Training, Research and Support Services
Tobi

Don't focus on CoViD and forget Agriculture

Post by Tobi »

While do we deal with the effects of Covid-19 on our health systems, we often times forget that the effects of covid-19 dealing with the agriculture sector is really important: without food we would die in more numbers than with covid.
images (9).jpeg
images (9).jpeg (33.32 KiB) Viewed 14885 times
So food is more important to be honest. While not downplaying the effect of covid-19 on the General Health of the population we must never lose sight of the need to ensure that our agriculture sector is not shut down or is not impeded. We already at the planting season. I am all talk about Farmers getting what do you need to ensure that we have food security this year. The buzz for this year has not been as vigorous as it ought to be.

It is therefore heartwarming news to hear that Kaduna State government has given Farmers express permission to go to their Farms. This is heart warming news but this is not enough that only one state is talking and doing something. The federal and state governments must come at once to support our farmers in this time of troubles. We must articulate policies to ensure that would not lockdown farmers and allow them access to their lands to ensure that we do not starve and not replace one problem with another.

My sincere belief, is that a healthy population stands a better chance of overcoming the effects of covid-19. The hungrier we are, the more vulnerable we become and the more people die.

I hope the government thinks about this seriously.