'Catfish Farming Gives Me N200,000 Monthly'

All discussions on fish farming and other aquatic animals goes here - Catfish, Tilapia, etc
MustyJ

Post by MustyJ »

Eunice Akponimisingha, a housewife, says she earns more than N200,000 every month from catfish farming, while staying at home to operate the business.

She said this in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Thursday.

Mrs. Akponimisingha stressed that catfish farming was a profitable agribusiness, saying that she earned more income than most civil servants in the country.

"I can't really tell you the exact money I make in a month, as my profit depends on my harvest. However, through catfish farming, I make a net profit of over N200,000 in a month, which makes me more comfortable than most civil servants.

"Sometimes, the money is more and at other times it is within the range of N200,000. Catfish farming has really made me comfortable because the market is readily available.

"After rearing the fish for six months, I bake the fishes in my oven because most of my customers prefer dried fish to the fresh one.

"Many people have a preference for dried catfish because it can be used for any meal; especially soups," she said.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201804120570.html

animalworld

Re: 'Catfish Farming Gives Me N200,000 Monthly'

Post by animalworld »

Nice. Does this mean that one can't make up to that if one sells live catfish, instead of dried?
MustyJ

Re: 'Catfish Farming Gives Me N200,000 Monthly'

Post by MustyJ »

Drying fish is adding value. Experience shows adding value earns more money than raw Agric products. As it is today, dried fish costs more than raw fish.