What next after NPK?

All discussions on farming Cereals and Leguminous crops goes here - Maize, Rice, Wheat, Beans etc
Noma1133

What next after NPK?

Post by Noma1133 »

My first application of fertilizer is NPK in my Maize and Riçe farm. Next application shall be another NPK or Urea?

MustyJ

Re: What next after NPK?

Post by MustyJ »

Hello Noma, In my case I apply NPK 4 weeks after planting and Urea 3 weeks after. Rice farm is urea all through. I await other knowledgeable folks to comment.
zanau

Post by zanau »

Hi @Noma1133,
NPK is the first nutrient requirement for crops just like baby milk from a nursing mother known as colostrum. The best time of application is at planting, while the next stage of application is at 4 weeks which is urea fertilizer. Therefore, give 4 weeks gap and apply urea. This serves for both maize and rice.
zanau

Post by zanau »

Crops that get NPK at planting perform better than those that got there's weeks after. As much as possible, apply at planting or within the first 10 days. You wil be exposing your crop to real stress by delaying NPK application early enough.
Achi
Site Admin

Post by Achi »

zanau wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:57 pm Hi @Noma1133,
NPK is the first nutrient requirement for crops just like baby milk from a nursing mother known as colostrum. The best time of application is at planting, while the next stage of application is at 4 weeks which is urea fertilizer. Therefore, give 4 weeks gap and apply urea. This serves for both maize and rice.

Thanks Zanau
BeJimmiepreby

What next after NPK

Post by BeJimmiepreby »

Im having surgery with Dr. Castellanos on the 20th, and although I have a handout about what to expect, Id like to hear from people who have gone through it. What were your experiences after surgery?
MustyJ

Post by MustyJ »

BeJimmiepreby wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:18 am Im having surgery with Dr. Castellanos on the 20th, and although I have a handout about what to expect, Id like to hear from people who have gone through it. What were your experiences after surgery?
Huh? :shock: