Where can one buy grafted fruit trees in Abuja?

All discussions on farming fruits goes here - Oranges, Guava, Pear, Mangoes etc
Achi
Site Admin

Where can one buy grafted fruit trees in Abuja?

Post by Achi »

Hello. Please who has an idea where I can buy grafted fruit trees in Abuja? I need reliable and trustworthy sources for mangoes and guava trees.

Lindagoask

Where can one buy grafted fruit trees in Abuja

Post by Lindagoask »

Hi all. Last year we had landscapers do some work to promote privacy between ourselves and neighbors. They recommended and planted white birds of paradise all down our eastern fence about 13 feet apart from one another. They said that they get about 15 ft tall, but from what I see, they can easily double that. Now knowing that they get so big, we're going to get a lot more shade than what we were hoping for and it will limit where we can grow more fruit trees. Is anyone knowledgeable concerning white birds of paradise and have any insights concerning how we can manage the height? Removing would be a pain and still leave us in need of privacy, but would that be the best option? Thanks
MustyJ

Re: Where can one buy grafted fruit trees in Abuja?

Post by MustyJ »

Birds of paradise tree are really big plants growing like 25ft or 8 meters. It's really an unwieldy plant in some respects.
Your best bet is to cut off the big stems and let the Young g shoots take its place. Clear out the dead an old shoots at the base of the stem where it connects to the main body of the plant. Remove old leaves, bent and broken stalks. Regularly remove shoots that grow too big and leave the fresh shoots.

Good luck